March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Perfect Snow

Cold and wet, wet and cold...  Any way you look at it we have had some lousy weather!  It seems like it has been months on end but it has probably been less than two weeks.  I can handle cold weather, and I can handle wet weather.  However, the combination or cold and wet can become difficult and quite honestly tiresome when you have children. 
Where some of you live, you get lots of snow ~ probably more than you want to see.  We seldom get snow.  We just get rain ~ lots of rain.  With that rain means no sun!  Wet, cold, and dreary is a depressing combination.
Well, today we got snow.  And it wasn't just any snow.  In my eyes, it was the perfect snow.  From 11:00 until about 4:00 the snow came down.  At times it was really coming down and by the time the children got home from school our neighborhood was a winter wonderland.

We had a ball playing in the snow!
 
 
 

Betsy wasn't so sure ~ she never moved from this spot, but she also didn't want to be left out.
 
Ready for some hot chocolate!
Fun memories...

 
 
The temperatures rose sharply as we were out playing and it will likely be gone by morning...

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. It is probably more fun to get snow once every 5 years as opposed to getting it everyday!
    Jack is a little wary of the snow, too. He and Betsy could have sat and watched together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous. They predicted a chance down here but it didn't happen. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete