March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Sane Mama Tips

If you have four children you can relate to this scenario ~

Whenever I take all of my children anywhere {WalMart, the library, the Dollar Store, the zoo, the post office, the grocery store, gymnastics, Sams, the park, Target, the McWane Center}, I inevitably receive the same questions/comments.  The usual suspects are: Are those all your children? Wow, you've got your hands full. What are the ages? You must be patient.  Do they go to school?  I bet it is fun at your house.  Don't you have help?  You seem so calm.  

Well as with everything else, they are only seeing part of the picture.  Our life is wonderful, but it can be crazy a lot of the time.  Getting out the door can be a challenge, and what is left behind that closed door is often a disaster zone.

Along the way I've discovered some things that help.  I try to do each of these things but some things are harder than others.  I particularly struggle with the last two.  Your list of sane mama tips will be different.  I probably do a whole lot of other things to keep my sanity but these were the ones that seem most helpful to me at the time I was thinking about this.       

1. Menu plan ~

2. Teach your children that we are a team ~

3. If they are playing nicely, do not interfere ~

4. Make your coffee the night before ~

5. Let them help you ~

6. Sitting on the counter makes everything more fun ~

7. Keep a list ~

8. Wake up before everyone else ~

9. Learn to ask for help ~

10. Learn to let it go ~

But above all else
~ Pray ~

details to come

 

1 comment:

  1. And my favorite....have a good friend that's just a phone call away!

    ReplyDelete