March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More than Me

Last week I finally broke down and bought the new vacuum cleaner that I have needed for over a year.  Since moving into out house I have been vacuuming with a Eureka Powermite.  It was $20 at WalMart and was perfect at the time.  It has served us adequately well, but anyone else who has attempted to vacuum my house over the last year has been extremely frustrated.  {Thank you for trying Aunt Kydie and Mom.}
Unbeknownst to me the mechanism to hold the bag in place broke the last time I changed the bag.  OOPS!  Can you say big mess and serious frustration.  No wonder my floors weren't getting clean.  No more putting it off.  I headed to Sears to pick out a Kenmore canister vacuum cleaner.  When in doubt go with what you know!  Turns out it is one of Consumer Reports top picks.
I love it but I think Walker and my floors/rugs like it more than I do.
Now if it would just propel itself around my house and up the stairs so I could peruse some fun blogs and catch up on friends' lives.  Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment