March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Not Enough Credit


Sometimes I can be hard on myself and on other people. 

Often Mary Frances bears the brunt of this fault. 
We arrived home Tuesday around lunchtime.  It was cold and rainy. 
 
 
(sleeping pictures from New Year's Eve at the lake)

We unloaded the car, ate lunch, and went our separate ways.  I think we were all glad to be home. 

Frank took to the sofa to watch football and enjoy one last day away from the office.

I attempted to make order of my desk and the Christmas gifts that had just come through the door while slowly taking down decorations and compiling a list of things that needed to be attended to.

The boys busied themselves playing with duplos.  We love our duplos!
Betsy, like a butterfly, flitted around between all of us.
Mary Frances sat at the kitchen island busily writing thank you notes.

Yes, you read correctly.  Without being asked, she gathered note cards and started writing.  On occasion she would ask for help with a word, but mostly she did this independently.

Later this is what Frank and I found among the pillows on our bed.


Mary Frances you are a wonderful daughter, a good student, a loving sister, and a good friend.  What more could a mama want.  I love you and am sorry that I can be so hard on you!



No comments:

Post a Comment