March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Birthday Boy and Bonfires

Today was my baby's second birthday! It is hard to believe that it has been two years since he came into our family. I am very thankful that for today he is still the baby in our family. As I drove to the hospital in Birmingham on Sunday evening, I wasn't sure if that was going to be the case.

{Check out the pajamas ~ more on those in another post!}

Thankfully ShuShu brought a "birthday bag" to the lake because all of my birthday stuff is in storage ~ as ShuShu says, she's just glad I didn't put my children in storage. She had everything we needed to decorate ~ a birthday banner, balloons, blowers, birthday plates/napkins, and even a number 2 candle plus this singing birthday turtle that my children adore! In her wonderful fashion, she thought of everything.


It was a good day ~ simple but good. I am truly off of my game ~ no pictures, no slideshow, not even a cake. I feel guilty, very guilty, but I just couldn't make a cake that we didn't need. I have the supplies. Mom brought her cake decorating tips, but I just couldn't do it. We still have the remnants of our Happy Birthday Jesus cake, pecan pie, and red velvet cake from Anna's parents plus sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Instead, we celebrated at breakfast with the #2 candle in a stack of blueberry pancakes. I'm thinking we will do our "monkeys" as cupcakes and send them to school on Tuesday.

Thank you to Aunt Anna, Uncle Bill and Sarah for the front end loader. It completes our set of construction vehicles and gave each child something to push. Construction has definitely been the theme of Christmas and beyond and why shouldn't it be given our life.
Daddy was in charge of lunch!

We had a bonfire for the birthday boy ~ this may become a tradition!

Walker loved us singing "Happy Birthday" to him. He would clap and then say/sign more. We must have sung 15 times before going inside for supper.


Happy Birthday Walker! I'm so thankful for you and your life ~ I love that your personality emerges daily. You certainly know what you want, but you are learning to use your words to express those wants and needs more clearly everyday. For that your daddy and I are thankful! I love that you love music and dancing and crawling up in my lap to read stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment