March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Apologies...

I just haven't gotten many of those things I always do for and around Christmas done and I apologize. It isn't for a lack of trying or a lack of doing, but I have just run out of time. Between trying to keep this baby from coming too early and being displaced from my home, I am even more scattered than ever this year. Not too mention we are enjoying family time!

To all of you who typically receive a Christmas card, they are in the mail or will be shortly. I was waiting for our house demolition to try to take a picture so they will be late. Such is my life these days. Many were mailed from Birmingham, but the rest will be coming your way from Alexander City. I just want to keep you guessing on who it may be from.


To all of you who normally receive a little bag of cheesestraws in your mailbox, some of them just didn't get delivered and for that I apologize.


To all of you who receive a handmade ornament from my children, don't fret you just might have to wait until next year to hang them on your tree.


To all of you who receive a calendar with the family birthdays and pictures from throughout the year, they just might not happen. The pictures are ordered and sitting at the WalMart in Birmingham. I just didn't get there before we left town ~ maybe when I head in on Tuesday for a doctor's appointment.


With all of that said, my children and their cousin all have coordinating Christmas outfits, and I do have all of our presents wrapped and under the tree at the lake. {That doesn't mean a single present has been mailed.} Frank and I have planned menus filled with what we hope will be delicious food and lots of family time in the kitchen for the time we are hoping to be at the lake. Most of the ingredients are stored between two refrigerators, the pantry, and random other cabinets in the kitchen and even in the laundry room ~ truly you would think we were expecting a house party of 20 people for a fortnight. {Thank you to Steve who is bringing the dressing ingredients and turkey tomorrow.} Last night Frank was happy to see us begin consuming some of the many pounds of food that have come through the door.




Our time has been just what I had hoped for... no I haven't accomplished all that I would have liked, but isn't that always true in life. Though, I think we have accomplished some of the things that are important in life ~ we have spent lots of time together as a family making memories and keeping traditions alive. The t.v. hasn't come on and we've spent lots of time in the kitchen preparing food, sitting in front of a fire talking and reading to our children. We are just enjoying each other's company and being a family! That in and of itself is an accomplishment...

No comments:

Post a Comment