March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas is Coming

And we hope to be at the lake. Our tree is there. Most of our presents are already there.

After a full weekend, I am taking this last week to dot my i's and cross my t's. Boy do we have LOTS on the list! But first some pictures from the weekend...

Stephen was Daddy's little helper taking down doors and taking out toilets at our house.

Mary Frances and I went to the Nutcracker with two of her school friends.


In addition to the final preparations for Christmas ~ some wrapping, baking, delivering there are many more adventures planned. A final trip from Habitat and Hannah Home, a trip to the trains at the McWane Center, and a picnic with Daddy. Girls supper club and our house is coming down {I hope}, we are closing on our loan, {and yes, possibly in that order} I'm getting my teeth cleaned, going to the doctor {say a little prayer}, have a SLDS board meeting, school program, class parties, and I must get those Christmas card pictures taken, the cards ordered, addressed and mailed. YIKES!! Oh yea, and how could I possibly have forgotten our annual small group rendition of The Christmas Story and Walker has his last Toddler Tales at the library.

Remember those blueberry preserves turned blueberry syrup. They are "wrapped" {with a copy of our favorite pancake recipe} and ready to deliver!

Cheesestraws on the horizon...

Cashews and ornaments still to go...


Menus to create...

Tablescapes to put together...

Monogramming and more...

Hope to be back soon with a full report and lots checked off of the list!
Merry Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment