March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Winter Weekend

Oh, where to begin!


I have more posts in my "draft" box than I have posted in the entire year. Such is my life ~ I can't seem to get anything completed. I'm so thankful that in route to Mobile for Thanksgiving we made a change in our plans and decided we would return to the lake instead of home on Saturday so that we could help Steve get the tree up. It was so nice to walk in the door of the lake house and have the tree up and decorated!


Life is flying by...and yes Frank I am enjoying the ride!


We spent the better part of the weekend at the lake with dear friends. Thank you Steve for sharing with us! The weekend reminded Frank and me both how much with love this time of year at the lake. It also made us realize why you and Norval didn't always want to come home on Sundays. I think if Mary Frances didn't have school this morning, I would still be snug in a bed in Coosa County.


First, make no mistake who we were cheering for on Saturday afternoon. There were lots of high fives and cries of "War Eagle"! Yes, we live in a house divided, but my mama and daddy taught me to cheer for Auburn unless they were playing my team.

Check out middle man's attire. I think Frank was a bit concerned over the way he was dressed. The funny thing is... this is what I packed for him to wear for the game.

This might be my favorite picture of the weekend!


We had a bonfire and the children roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores. YUM!!





One reason the lake is so great this time of year is that it has everything that little boys love {in no particular order}:



Sticks~

Fire ~ Rocks ~
Trains~


On Sunday, we went for a "hike" and Frank cut down a tree for some firewood.



It was cold and we needed some hot chocolate {with marshmallows of course} when we returned.





Too bad I have set the bar for our Christmas card so high. This isn't a bad shot but the attire is all wrong! I guess I'll keep trying...


No comments:

Post a Comment