March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

She did it!

Truly, this is not blog worthy {which is why my pictures are from the archives} but it did make me cry.
I love that we can walk Mary Frances to and from school. In fact, it might be my favorite thing about having her in kindergarten. I enjoy strapping my boys in the stroller and having Mary Frances reach up and want to grab my hand. I enjoy being out in the fresh air, talking to my kiddos about what see as we walk, and visiting with the other parents while waiting for dismissal.

But let's face it, there are some days that we just can't walk. Recently, it has been too cold or wet or Mary Frances and the boys have been sleeping late. I have not had the heart to wake them up just so we can walk to school. They need their sleep!

And so we have been driving...I don't do drive up pick up or drop off very well. There are no real rules for carpool at Crestline, and if you know me at all you know I am a rule follower and like to know what I am supposed to be doing when.

Well, I finally figured out the easiest place to drop Mary Frances off, but she until today she has continued to insist that I park the car and walk her to the crosswalk. And now to the point ~ today she did it all by herself! I pulled up to the sign, she unbuckled, grabbed her backpack, got out of the car, and walked to the crosswalk. And what did I do ~ I smiled a huge smile because I was so proud of her and then broke down and cried. Just another example of my baby growing up...
And now just as we have had this break through, my sweet neighbor has volunteered to take and pick up from school. As much as I hate asking for help or relinquishing any sort of responsibility, I know that I need to take her up on this offer and so Mary Frances will be "the girl next door" who rides to school with her neighbor at least until quatro arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment