March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today's Priceless Moment

I can't remember if I've told you or not, but on Fridays Frank takes Mary Frances to school. On the first Friday of the month, they go out for a breakfast date before going to school. Mary Frances looks forward to this all month long, and they talk at length about where they are going to go. Frank and I get a chuckle out of this because she always wants to go to Starbucks though to us it is such a grown up place. Neither Frank nor Mary Frances drink coffee!

Here is a picture from their August date...

Yes, last Friday was the first Friday of the month, but Frank was in Nashville so they rescheduled for this week. It turns out that Frank is going to be Orlando this Friday morning so they rescheduled again ~ They went today!

She woke up super sweet and eagerly put on the dress we had set out last night.

It was her Christmas dress! I smocked Mary Frances a simple bishop for Christmas this year. I must tell you, at first I wasn't going to because I was afraid she might be too old, and she wasn't going to get enough wear out of it. Then I saw that she had a school "holiday" program and I remembered years past where the kindergartners wore Christmas attire so I decided I would go for it. I also figured this might be the last year she will want/need a Christmas dress, and she does still want to where her bishop dresses. I am so thankful for that decision.

She is possibly the most excited about this dress than anything I have ever made her. I have to tell you that does my heart good. I sew for lots of reasons and most of them are incredibly selfish, but to see her so excited was what I really desire out of the hours I spend at my sewing machine.

And one last picture ~ This is Mary Frances' list for Santa. Aside from changing the font color she did this all by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment