March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Well, maybe...

As you may remember we have a family night with our small group a couple of times a year. We love our small group and have grown very close over the last couple of years. I respect each member of our group as a person and particularly as a parent. I love the idea of my children not only getting to know the other children but also the other parents. I hope that as the years go by this group will provide a safe network of friends for my children ~ a group of friends close to their age who are of like mind, and a group of adults who they might feel comfortable confiding in when they aren't sure if they can come to Frank or me. I also like the idea that we are looking out for each other's children in the community.


My children love family night! I'm not sure how much they get out of the Bible lesson we do with them during this time, but they love being with the other children and at each other's homes. It carries over to church because they see familiar faces in the hallways.


During Advent three years ago, we had the children "perform" the Christmas story during our small group family night. One of the mothers made fabulous costumes and each year the children get more and more into the performance. Perfect no, but precious most definitely.


This year, Stephen was our eager beaver. As a wiseman, he entered the stage with the angel and Mary and Joseph. And then there was Walker ~ "no" is his favorite word anyway, but he was quite adamant that he was not wearing a costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment