March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Creekside

After two weeks of Christmas parties and Christmas programs we escaped and headed south!

I have a confession...I didn't point blank ask Dr. Brown if it was okay if I travelled so far. I only asked if it was okay if we went to the lake for Christmas and I got the go ahead assuming all was status quo. I took that as a "yes" for our plans prior to Christmas also.

We spent the weekend at "the creek" with grandaddy and YaYa. They were very accommodating and let us change our annual Christmas Eve Eve celebration to the weekend before Christmas. Bill and Anna were also kind to accommodate us and our crazy life. We all decided that it isn't the date that we gather but the gathering that matters. Personally, Frank and I thought it was better because we could actually spend time with them instead of just showing up to visit for a bit, eat supper, and then do stockings and Christmas tree.
Does anyone else celebrate "Christmas Eve Eve"? For us it is just one of our many Christmas traditions. Since I was in high school, my brother and I have celebrated Christmas Eve Eve with my dad and his wife. It was {and still is} a nice way to get to spend time with them and not compete with other family.

It was a wonderful relaxing weekend filled with family and fun memories.



Aunt Anna, Uncle Bill and Sarah joined us with Great Mama Eddins for the evening.
I got some pictures of the girls in their matching dresses.
I really wanted a picture of all three of mine on YaYa's steps in their Christmas outfits. To no avail...
My dad graduated from the Navel Academy and went back for a reunion this fall. Grandaddy and YaYa like to do their Christmas shopping on their travels and they know my children {at least the big two} are very into dressing up so they picked up their Christmas gifts when they were in Annapolis.
Stephen's gift was a hit ~ a flight jacket to match Grandaddy's!
And I'll leave you with this... a simple yet fun way to add some color and holiday decor to your garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment