March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

We have spent the last few days in calm quietness {if you can use those words to describe a family with three children under 5 1/2}.

For as long as I have known Frank, we have typically spent New Year's Eve at the lake ~ usually with friends and family, sometimes just family. After our escapade to Birmingham Sunday evening, we bailed on our friends. I hated to cancel because I was really looking forward to spending the weekend with Anne, Chris, and her boys. We felt that we were just too much of a wild card! In reality, we had no idea if we would even be at the lake for New Years, and I wanted Anne and her own young family to be able to go ahead and make plans for their weekend. I told her to mark her calendar for next year and to find a week for the summer.
They were missed, but we have enjoyed lots of good family time. I think our children have loved being here for almost two weeks, and I know that I have. I have loved having Frank around during the day, and it has been nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of life ~ all three children have napped almost every day, we've stayed up late, and slept late {even me}. We've played outside and in, cooked good meals, baked goodies, completed some projects {most notably Mary Frances' Super Star Poster}, read countless books, and had lots of fires {until the temperatures rose}.

Tomorrow it is back to reality and that will be good too though I am already a bit anxious about all I need/want to accomplish before the children go back to school.

While we have been away the cement truck has been busy at our house, and I am looking forward to seeing the progress. I'm very thankful that the ball is rolling on the progress for our house. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't a bit sad and nervous about bringing a baby into a home that is not our own. As the date gets closer, the reality sets in and I hope we can all handle it. Please say a little prayer for all of us! I am glad that school does not resume until Tuesday so that we have two days to get back into our normal routine. I think it will take every bit of that and then some.

I'll leave you with a picture of what proved to be a yummy new year's meal ~ a new take on the old tradition of pork, black eyed peas, and greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment