March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sewing In Review

My week of Easter sewing in review...

My sewing machine and I have a love - hate relationship. I love it most of the time. That is right up until it is time to do buttonholes. Buttonholes I said! That means I am almost finished with the garment. Wrong! That is when we begin to fight and typically Mr. Pfaff wins. AHRG!!

Monday began quite nicely. I easily attached the collar and was down to a shirttail hem, buttonholes, and buttons. Should have been easy! Not so... Mr. Pfaff had other plans... Truly I spent about two hours {that I didn't have} trying to get buttonholes on Stephen's shirt for Easter. I was cranky, short with my children, near tears, and generally frustrated. So I walked away to make cupcakes and go outside with the children.


Tuesday, I took my machine in to be looked at and for help with the buttonholes. The saleslady provided some good advice. Upon arriving home the advice could not be headed ~ my machine wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread for the buttonhole stitch. I decided to carry on by asking my mom to bring her machine and move forward on Walker's outfit. Easter is coming in a hurry!

Wednesday, I worked on Walker's outfit and completed it down to the handwork for the collar. Now that's progress... The children made these bunnies to go on top of the cupcakes for Stephen's class. A perfect rainy afternoon activity!

Thursday, not much time for sewing between the pledge of allegiance, St. Luke's Board meeting, photography class, Sams run, mom arriving, and preparing pancakes. Somehow I managed to complete and attach the collar to Walker's outfit.





Friday, a quick trip to Atlanta to pick up sconces, my mom's birthday celebration, and back to those buttonholes. No luck. Now my machine will not consistently pick up the bobbin thread for any stitch. Went to bed feeling utterly defeated!



Saturday, I stitched buttonholes by hand and felt doubtful that Mary Frances was going to have a new dress to wear on Easter morning. After an early morning run to Wally World I new I at least had to try or I would be terribly mad at myself.


Sunday, a wonderful Easter! I realized the dress is for me and it is more important that we experience the significance of Easter morning. I want Mary Frances to have these pretty lacy dresses that I have always admired, and Easter is just the excuse to make the dress. In reality, it doesn't matter when the dress gets finished as long as it gets finished. And it will!


Here we are at Monday again...

No comments:

Post a Comment