March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweat Equity ~ Good



If you have known Frank for any length of time, you know he loves a good construction project. He is always dreaming and usually scheming. At Auburn it was FIGI Island and a myriad of other silly things that he and his friends created at their house. If my memory serves there was some baseball field and maybe a zip line. Then of course there are the projects that he has created at the lake ~ most notably the screened porch that was equal in size to the cabin. Each of the previously mentioned projects predate me and to be honest I have only heard stories or seen pictures. That is except maybe the porch...I definitely get to enjoy the fruits of his labor when we spend time at the lake.


I entered the scene as Frank and his dad were building the seawall at the lake. My first trip to the lake and my first time to meet his parents is filled with many memories involving a project. I learned how to use a transit and I helped them keep up with their tools.


Fast forward a few years ~ Frank and I were married and living in the house he bought prior to his final year in law school. Let me tell you there were projects galore! There might even be too many to name! Crown molding throughout, bathroom redo, new fireplace surround, painted kitchen cabinets and their boxes, creation of a laundry room and walk-in closet and that doesn't even include any of the painting or yard improvements. Lots of sweat equity that certainly paid off in selling the house.


Fast forward a few more years ~We bought the house that we tore down just a few short months ago with the idea that we would live in it as long as we could without investing too much money. Therefore, there were not quite as many projects here. We did paint and install crown molding throughout and tile the kitchen after painting the cabinets.
Our dream was always to build on the lot which is where we are today. Over the weekend Frank and Mary Frances put in lots of sweat equity. They sorted and stacked four pallets {about 2000} of brick!


No comments:

Post a Comment