March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, April 8, 2011

All A Flury!

Yesterday was FULL! Too full... The highlight of my day was watching the cement truck pour the concrete on our front porch. Well the highlight was really getting to do that with Walker. He was mesmerized! And sweet! And obedient! Not only that he was dressed appropriately: Well, maybe not... This happens to be his favorite outfit, and he asks to wear it whenever her sees it. I too love it and thank my mom for buying it for him. We just happened to be wearing it yesterday. We didn't know until we were headed downtown for a speaker at our church that the cement truck would arrive at 12:30. We rearranged the rest of our day so we could be there.
Since having children {especially the third}, laundry has become what could be a full-time job. Maybe it's just my children but they can be quite messy particularly this time of year when we are living outside. In the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to embrace stains on their clothes. I am trying to have a new attitude about these stains and not get so bent out of shape. I spend a whole lot of time and energy trying to get stains out. I pre-treat, I soak, I wash, I re-soak, etc...


But in reality there are just some stains that are going to be there forever. I'm trying to retrain my brain on stains ~ instead of getting frustrated with those stains, I am trying to see them as memories. For example, that orange paint on Mary Frances' bishop is a reminder of many things ~ she loves school, she loves to paint, draw, write, etc, she is creative. Those gray tinged shirts Stephen takes off each afternoon are a reminder of how much he LOVES to be outside and how hard he plays. Well today Walker made his own memory through a stain.

As he was watching the cement truck, he backed into a bucket covered in tar. Now you know as well as I do ~ that tar is not coming out. I won't even try!

My dad will say something to the effect of "you've come a long way baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment