March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, April 22, 2011

God Our Father

Where to begin...

First, I need to thank my mom and Frank's dad. They were troopers because this was our idea not their idea, but they helped to make it a reality. In hopes of helping our children learn how to serve others, Frank and I volunteered our family to serve breakfast for 70 women at a downtown homeless shelter.

So Thursday evening after putting the kiddos to bed, we made pancakes ~ lots of pancakes! We didn't count, but we think there were over 300. We had two electric griddles and three skillets turning them out. The men had flipping flapjacks down to a fine art. Almost upon stepping foot in the door, I put my mom to work frying six pounds of bacon so at least that done.





Friday morning we arrived downtown in time to begin serving breakfast at 6:30.
After getting all of the food and drinks ready to serve was asked the children if anyone would like to say the blessing . Stephen imediately volunteered so we all walked out the door to stand with the women and let Stephen pray for their food. I had tears in my eyes as I watched my sweet boy fold his hands, bow his head, and sing God our Father.


At that moment I realized this was what was important, and it did not matter if their Easter outfits were completed by church on Sunday morning.





A new Good Friday tradition ~ I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment