March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Easy Breasy Peanut Butter Cookies

Do you ever say that in your house? We often say "easy breasy" when something is completed more quickly or easily than the children anticipated. Cheesy but effective particularly when there has been much complaining over completing a task.
Today I want to share with you an easy breasy recipe that I first tried just before Christmas. We were having an impromptu hamburger dinner with friends and I needed a quick dessert but I wasn't really in the mood for my "go to" recipe {i.e., chocolate chip}. I have been wanting to share this recipe since then because they were super easy and yummy, but I haven't have any pictures to accompany a post. The recipe is for Peanut Butter Cookies! They are truly what I consider to be the easiest and tastiest cookies around. The best part is that they only require four ingredients { you probably already have in your pantry} and they don't require a mixer. They are quickly becoming my "go to" cookie recipe which means they are replacing Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies.


So with out further ado, here's the recipe:

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla


Stir ingredients in a medium size bowl until completely mixed. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press flat with a fork. Bake at 350 10-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 2 dozen depending on your cookie size.


To make them a bit differently add 1 cup chocolate chips prior to mixing the dough.

Warning: they don't last long ~ you might want to double or even triple the recipe.

An aside:
Back in February, I realized the merit of posting recipes on my blog. We were going to the lake for the weekend, and at the last minute Frank asked me to make this strawberry shortcake for dessert. Well I forgot! Yes, that means I forgot to check the recipe and I forgot to gather the ingredients. It wasn't a big deal, and we certainly could have done without. However, once we got to the lake it turned out someone needed to run into town for something so I was able to check my archives to find out exactly what I needed to make the dessert. Since then I have wanted to be more diligent in posting recipes, however we are usually doing well to get a recipe prepped, prepared, and to the table. Often taking pictures just aren't in the cards.


So back to those cookies...Why were we making cookies? Why in the world did I need to triple the recipe?


We took pizza, peanut butter cookies, and drinks to the workmen at the house and we are having company for dinner tonight.




I hope you and yours have a wonderful spring weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Made them yesterday and they were definitely easy breasy! To quote Philip..."delicious." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete