March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Those Little Lips, Those Little Hands

And that big smile!


Betsy is 12 weeks old today ~ that's almost three months. Wow, what a three months it has been. I'll admit it has been a rocky road but well worth the ride. To Frank, I will say there have been some moments where I might not have been enjoying the ride so much, but I definitely wouldn't trade the ride.


She essentially slept through the night last night, and now she is sleeping soundly in my arms after filling her tummy with warm milk. She is snuggled close with her sweet lips pursed, her closed fist resting close to me while making sweet soft baby sighs and gurgles ~ the essence of contentment.


There are few things like the sweet sounds of baby noises, the way their little lips purse in contentment after a full feeding, and their clenched fists resting softly on their own cheek.


These are just a few of the things I will miss of this season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment