March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dump That Rubble

At one point or another my children have all loved the board book, Machines at Work. For whatever reason my favorite line in the book has always been "dump that rubble". While I do not consider this load of stone to be rubble, the experience took me back to my children reading this book.

Last Friday, Stephen and I were in the kitchen working on Mary Frances' lunch when I heard the distinctive beep of a truck backing up. I snatched Stephen off of the floor and threw clothes on my body so we could walk down to the house to see what I hoped would be stone being delivered.

Sure enough ~ another 22 ton load of stone!







So fun to live a stone's throw from our construction site!

No comments:

Post a Comment