March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Once Upon A Time

On Thursday, I had a rare {possibly unheard of} moment for our house these days. It took me back in time and made me realize why I feel as if I never can complete a task. It reminded me of simpler days. It made me look forward to summer.

What was it you ask... Here's a peak.





Yes, that's right! At one point all four of my children were sleeping.




I'm not going to lie about it ~I've always loved my children's nap time and until this year made sure we were all home and settled for story time and an afternoon nap. I could always count on about two hours of quiet downtime. I was spoiled because Mary Frances was such a sleeper. She is among the rare bread who is willing to try to get the amount of sleep she {and probably all children} need. She napped right up until Kindergarten started. Because of school, I have had to get creative in getting a nap for my Walker, but we have made it work. This has probably been the hardest adjustment of the year ~ not being displaced from our home, not a new baby, but not napping.




Why do I love napping children ~ let me count the ways*~


1. They are so peaceful and angelic.


2. I could clean the house.


3. I could cook dinner.


4. I could sew.


5. I could do laundry.


6. I could accomplish a myriad of paperwork/computer tasks.


7. I could talk on the phone.


8. I could read.


9. I could even stretch out a take my own nap.


10. We all entered the witching hour refreshed.




* I realize how selfish all of these reasons are and therefore we made the transition as seamlessly as possible, but accomplishing any of the above tasks is a challenge.




Now when I have napping children I don't know what to do...




No comments:

Post a Comment