March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baking Bonanza

In preparation for Fridays bake sale, we made lots of cookies, bars, cakes, and other sweet treats this week. Frank's mom always made some of the best cookies so I planned to use some of her recipes along with my own favorites for this baking endeavor. In the end it turned out that I really just made hers! I knew it had the potential of being a scorcher of a day so we tried to steer clear of chocolate.

We made snickerdoodle cookies, heath bar cookies, two recipes of Norval's whipping cream pound cake, boxed brownies, and a batch of white chocolate peanut butter bites. If it sounds like a lot it was. The children had fun preparing cookie batter and packaging the cookies. They were probably the most helpful and entertained when they put labels on the bags. That is of course until the actual sale but more on that later.

As you can tell we've spent a lot of time in the kitchen ~ baking, packaging, and labelling baked goods.

In other news, it's been another busy week though the camera didn't come out too much.

Some park playing:


Some sewing but sadly not enough for pictures.

Snacks for Mary Frances' class ~ I made these homemade granola bars. I have issues with Norval's oven so I cooked them a tad too long but they were still tasty. I can't wait to try them again.

Summer Goody Baskets for my Kiddos ~ new crocs, beach towels, swim diapers, skills practice workbooks.

First Field Day ~







Planning for some Lake Living ~
I even got to escape on Tuesday evening for Girl's Supper Club!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had some of your white chocolate peanut butter bites right now!!! Great pics...yea for summer!

    ReplyDelete