March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Open House and More

Last night our family attended our first ever open house at the elementary school. I am sure this will be the first of many since our oldest is the one in kindergarten.

I think they have a fun concept for an open house. First, you go to your child's class to see what they have done throughout the year.


Then your child is encouraged to show you other places within the school ~ the gym, library, art, music, and Spanish room. Mary Frances wanted to take us to the library.



Check out this picture {my apologies for the poor quality ~ my flash was off}. Stephen is ready to be there with his big sister.



After a tour of the school, you make your way to the lunchroom to pick up your dinner.



Last stop, the playground and field for a picnic supper.



My children didn't want to leave!


Now for the "more"...


The masons were hard at work at our house yesterday. The chimney is almost complete.





Therefore, the shingles were delivered which is music to my husband's ears. Hopefully they will make their way to the roof soon so progress can continue inside.


They also completed a mock up of one of our interior arches ~ very cool! I can't wait to see these go in the doorways.


Poor David...this piece of equipment broke so David was physically moving each of the stones to make room for a new load coming this morning. My sweet husband changed into work clothes to give him a hand. No pictures of that because I was putting kiddos to bed ~ that tells you what time it was!

I hope to be at the house today when that load of stone is dumped in order to get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment