March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do we have to?

I'm not sure if I ever uttered those words as a child or adolescent. I don't recall doing so, but I feel certain you don't get to adulthood without expressing that desire {or lack thereof} to your parents at one time or another.

Well, Sunday evening after the children were in bed it was me not them who spoke them aloud to Frank. After a fun, full weekend, mostly spent outside with friends and family, I was asking "do we have to?" about taking Mary Frances to school this week. I was ready for summer to be in full swing.

One more week and we will all be done!

Changing gears ~ As most of you know, I am a huge proponent of the public library. Over the years there are few story times that I have missed. Mrs. Cat, one of the favorite librarians, has even teased me for being such a good patron. Each year there is a kick-off celebration for the local library's summer reading program. It involves a fun run and a carnival. We have never participated because we have always had napping children. This year was different. We have two children who don't nap and two children who need to nap so we decided we would put the nappers in the double stroller and each of us would run with the big two.

Mary Frances and Stephen ran the entire mile for the fun run! I think that is pretty awesome! There aren't too many almost 4 and almost 6 year olds whose parents think it is okay for them to run that far.

Treats after the race and festivities.


They really do love each other!
The last rides of the day ~ the choo choo!
and the race cars!
Homeward bound...
After dinner in the village with friends ~ a visit to the house and ice cream sandwiches.
We would all say that Walker had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment