March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Come So Far?

While working on a slide show for Stephen's 4th birthday, I have been going through my archives of pictures. I came across this picture, and I wasn't sure weather to smile or cry. This was taken in December just before Christmas. I smiled because we have come a long way from that heap of rubble, but I also got teary eyed because we still have a long way to go. It has been a rough beginning of summer. After the last two days, I'm just not sure I am going to make it. I am ready for our house to be completed.


Without further ado, I guess it's time for a house update. The stone is moving painstakingly slow, but I think that's okay. I would like to think we can get our certificate of occupancy without the entire house being stoned. That is probably wishful thinking! We just need to get the stone around the exterior doors so they can be installed. I've laughed with the head mason that his crew started our job with the foundation, and they are going to fish the job with our stone.

Most of the sheetrock is in ~ taped and mudded.
Our beams have been delivered and will begin to go in on the next rainy day. As soon as that is complete the remainder of the sheetrock can go in.

The interior doors, cabinets, and hardwood floors have been ordered.
A coat of stucco has been applied and the wood separation has been primed.

The trim carpenter arrived yesterday to begin what I understand is a very slow process.

The details are coming together.


Through lots of prayer and patience and some trips to Mobile, the lake, and the creek I will make it and it will be worth the ride.


As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Psalm 18:30-32

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Chris was just asking for a construction update. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete