March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Relief!



It dawned on me last week that there has been no mention of my sweet Betsy in quite some time. That is because there haven't been many sweet stories to tell. There have also been no pictures of my darling littlest one. That is because none have been taken. We have been in survival mode! Since turning 6 weeks Betsy has had a rough time. She has not been happy. She has been in pain and she has screamed to let me know. She was particularly uncomfortable on her back but sitting more upright in the bouncy seat and car seat weren't much better. Finally, a week after the screaming began I took her to the pediatrician. The diagnosis ~ an ear infection in her right her. Hey, I can handle that ~ put her on an antibiotic and hopefully it clears. No luck ~ two prescriptions later I take her back to the doctor because we just hadn't seen much improvement. A second ear infection ~ this time in her left ear. As the doctor was writing the script for yet a third antibiotic, he tells me I can give her some Tylenol at night to make her more comfortable {i.e., to help her sleep}. So I keep talking and say, "That's the thing, if I can get her to go to sleep she is okay. If she is sleeping or eating she seems fine. Otherwise she is screaming ~ that is until I get her consoled by holding her straight up with her head under my chin and her tummy next to my chest." Bear in mind, I was seeing the most elder member of our pediatric group, and I say that as a compliment. I appreciate his wisdom! He shakes his head saying "hmm, hmm" as he walks next door to his office to get a sample of a drug for GER. Believe me, I don't jump on the bandwagon of reflux. I think every baby spits up, and the reality is that I don't see her spit up much. Well the medicine helped, and I have had a prescription filled. It has given us some much needed relief. As with so many things in life, I didn't realize how hard it had been until we received that relief. She seems more comfortable and will lie on her back and play, talk, and smile. She will sit in the bouncy seat and kick playfully.




She still spends some time each day screaming in pain, and I spend that time holding her wishing I could take away that pain.I just pray she never remembers any of this and only remembers how loved she was from the moment she entered our world.






No comments:

Post a Comment