March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Krewe's Weekend


Hey Folks ~

First for some more framin' photos ~ Sorry you might get really sick and tired of this project long before we move in.



* Note the head framer {Jim} holding a level and the other two men pushing the braces to square the kitchen wall.

* Now note my head framer {Stephen} with his level. Gotta love his imagination and observance!

Okay, on with the show ~

Do you think she is excited?

Friday evening Mary Frances had the privilege of participating in the Beaux Arts Krewe Ball. We were honored that King Allen asked Mary Frances to be one of his train bearers.

With mommy and daddy ~
With her friend Allen ~
With two of her godparents {Sally and Brad}
With mommy, daddy, and Pops ~ At this point it was just after 10:00 and she just wanted to go home and crawl in bed.
And for the final act, we got up Saturday morning to drive to Mobile for the night. In case you don't know Mardi Gras is upon us. In fact, it has been for weeks. Tuesday is the big day! All but one of my cousins were there and we just don't see each other enough. My mom planned a simple, early dinner so those who wanted could make it to the parade. The weather had different plans, and the parade was cancelled which truly made for a better night in many ways. No one was trying to rush out the door to catch Vernadean so we were able to enjoy conversation with each other while listening to the youngest generation play.

And for the curtain call ~ Upon arriving home, Frank made calzones using Frank Stitt's pizza dough recipe while the children played nicely and I held Betsy and created this post. Yum! Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment