March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Words

I'm struggling here...it's not that we haven't done anything or been anywhere it's just that I am not inspired to put words together and give them any element of excitement. Here's an update... Last week I spent most of the week home with sick children. I don't love for my children to be puny, but I do love the extra snuggle time that it provides. We had many ordinary moments without the hustle and bustle of our ordinary routine. On Friday, Frank went on a men's retreat with our church and Mary Frances got out of school at noon so I took advantage of some extra hours and a husband away. I packed our bags and the children and headed to Mobile for the weekend. My mom loves to see us, and it just doesn't happen frequently enough especially now that I have a school age child. It is tough to slip away and often when we arrive in Mobile we have a laundry list of people to see and things to do. Not so this trip because we weren't going for any particular reason except that we could. Sadly, I did not take a single picture, but we had a good weekend with my mom, my brother, his wife and daughter, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment