March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pizza for Lunch

I think I have been remiss in letting you know that this week was spring break around here. Our original plan for the week was to retreat to the lake ~ more room to roam inside and out. As March approached and the framing began it became apparent we should stick close to the home front in order to check in on the progress and be available to answer questions or help resolve issues. {Thankfully nothing major came up, but nonetheless it was nice to be here.}


We did go to the lake but only for the first weekend. Sweet Pops took the big children {Mary Frances and Stephen} on Saturday morning while Frank and I took the little two to Atlanta with us. Why did we go to Atlanta? We went to Scotts to place an order for some of the lighting fixtures in the house. We were also on a hunt for a piece of furniture to house a sink in the powder room. Mission accomplished on both fronts!!

Staying here was a wonderful decision. We have had a fabulous week as a family. It seems that the children have loved being together. They have played well together and separately. I have enjoyed being and doing things with them. I have even enjoyed a few snippets of time where I have accomplished a task or two though the "to do" list always looms large and continually grows.

We were so blessed by the weather and have spent large amounts of time outside. We've done some park hopping and I don't mean of the Disney variety. We've read books, cooked together, had a movie night, and just enjoyed each others company.

On Thursday, Frank was able to take the day off and spend time with us. He took the boys to get much needed haircuts, and then as a family we went off to do house stuff {faucets, sinks, tubs, appliances, roof shingles} before embarking on our first act of service as a family unit. We had a pizza party with the framers and masons at our house. The children made and decorated shamrock sugar cookies for them.

Psalm 127:1
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment