March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finally Framin'

Oh what a week! Do I say that every week? If I don't, I certainly could. There has been little to no down time ~ typical things ~ meetings, activities, appointments, husband out of town, and sweet Betsy has hit a rough spot. She has been quite needy and as much as I would like to I can't hold her all day everyday. Sadly, there have been times when she just has to cry because there are other children who need tending to. Lunches must be made, shoes need tying, clothes need washing {and ironing, homework must be attended to ~ just to name a few.
The weather is gorgeous and we are loving spending time outside. It has been wonderful to walk Mary Frances home from school again though Stephen has not enjoyed being booted from his spot in the stroller. Admittedly, it is a lot to ask him to walk to and from the elementary school at that time of day particularly since he does not nap. He's tired, grumpy, and short on patience, tolerance, and self-control. Hey, I get it ~ so am I.

The highlight has been that the framing has begun. Our house is certainly beginning to take shape, and I can better visualize the size and feel of the rooms. I'm dreaming of fabrics, furniture, and functional organization.




Three days into framing, it is amazing the minutia of details that must be made even at this stage.

Will try to post more pictures at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment