March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What You Missed

I didn't intentionally give up blogging about our life for lent.  It just sort of happened and there is no reason to go into all of the details of why.  Mainly, I've been trying not to waste time on the computer.  Inevitable when I sit down to post about what is going on in our life, I spend an inordinate amount of time sitting at my desk clicking here, clicking there, and accomplishing nothing.

So without further ado, I'll bring you up to speed on the ins and outs of our ordinary life.

Mary Frances and Stephen both ran in the Mercedes Kids Marathon.  As I said last year, I think this is a really cool concept and am thankful that both of my children were willing to participate.  It saddened me that Mary Frances was one of two 2nd grade girls at Crestline who registered.  Shocking and made me realize that I should have followed through on getting a group together on Saturday mornings in the fall to run the mile loop.  Maybe next year!   
Sweet Stephen even had an out...He received three stitches on the back of his ankle the Thursday evening before the race.  He could barely walk on Friday, and he was hobbling around downtown Birmingham as Mary Frances completed her mile, yet he chose to run the race.  And run he did!  I ran with him and can attest the fact that he showed determination and perseverance.  At one point he wanted to walk so we did for about three steps.  He decided his leg hurt whether walking or running so he may as well run.
For not having many pictures of the last several weeks, I can attest that we have worked and played hard.  The child can still fall asleep almost anywhere.


It has been wet and cold or just cold or even worse just wet.  We've eaten a fair amount of soup.  The hostess for my girl's supper club last month served chicken and wild rice soup.  My friend who signed up to bring bread brought bread bowls from Panera.  I thought it was such a fun idea that I copied her a couple of days later. 
 Because of the weather my children have found many creative ways to entertain themselves inside.

Warm, dry days have been few and far between, but when the weather permitted we have spent as much time as possible outside.  The big kids took some of their "spending money" from Great Mama to buy ice cream on Sunday while the babies napped.  What a fun treat!
 We've faced what I hope will be some character building discipline issues.
This mama's done some volunteer work as a speech pathologist that has my mind spinning.  We'll see where it takes us.  Additionally while wearing that hat, I went to a two day conference to get all of my CEUs for the year.  Hip hip hooray.
Ball season is in full swing!  Having two children participating in baseball/softball has definitely been an adjustment for our family
 But they both LOVE it!
We have harvested some carrots that Stephen planted last spring.  Look at the size of that thing!  We are going to roast some for dinner tonight. 
 Betsy is still wearing some of my hand-me-downs.
 We have all been helping in the kitchen lots.
When the sun is shining my children are thinking up all kinds of new kinds of adventures.  I think this was the Olympics...

We've enjoyed lots of fun family time ~
Who knew dirty clothes, blankets, and sleeping bags could be so much fun.


I mean really!
 A spring break adventure to the Southern Museum of Flight.

 Lots of time reading!
 And snuggling!
 And cooking!
 And playing!


 And sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment