March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Caps for a Cure

Last Friday, my big children both took $1.00 out of the "spending money" their great-grandmother gave them at Christmas in order to wear a cap to school.  The school was raising money for the American Cancer Society.
Over the last couple of months you have noticed I have spent very little time posting on March Inn.  It wasn't really because of lent but instead, at least is in part, because I have spent more time on blogs of close friends and acquaintances who are battling cancer.  That has left me wanting to spend more time in prayer and more time fostering the relationships that matter the most.

My children have certainly noticed that the word cancer has become a part of our everyday vocabulary as some of these people were a part of their world.  They have real, solid connections to these people, and they understand that they are sick.

Their sweet innocence has shone brightly during this moment of sadness.  When told about who I consider to be their third grandmother's diagnosis of cancer, Walker immediately said, "Let's pray for her right now."  Upon coming home from school that same week without any prompting, Stephen said, "I prayed for Mimi before lunch today."  He typically prays that God take the cancer away.  I know there are lots of people in this world who echo that exact prayer daily for their own family, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc...

My heart warms that my children wanted to give a little of what they have been given to help in this cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment