March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Another Weekend, Another Adventure

If you know my husband, you know that he is always plotting and scheming.  You never know that the context might entail...  Therefore, we often end up on some really fun family adventures.  The venue of the latest venture is the Birmingham Barons.  If you are from Birmingham, you probably know that they have built a new stadium downtown.
We went to our first game on Saturday.  It was awesome!  The kids had fun.  Frank had fun.  I had fun.  That is like a triple lutz!  Walker and Betsy are a bit young, but even they hung in there for almost three hours.  If you don't have a two and four year old, let me tell you that is a long time.
We got there early and enjoyed a stadium meal.  It turns out that our seats are across from people we know which made it even more fun - at least for Mary Frances and me.
As you know, all good things must come to an end.  This is Betsy upon returning home and being told to put her sweater in her locker.
Thank goodness we are splitting the seats with a handful of other people so we don't have to go to every game.

If you are local come out and support the Barons next Sunday at 3:00, and watch the children's choir from our church perform the National Anthem.  Mary Frances is psyched! 

Trust me, you will see some of your favorite people from around town and your children will have a ball and they might even catch a ball.  As a bonus, the weather report looks great - but you know how that can change!

It was encouraging to see how full the stands were and it truly isn't even finished yet.  I find it amazing that they were able to play the opener on the field.  A month ago this is what the field looked like when we went for an open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment