March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Loud, Louder, Loudest

No, I'm not talking about my children.  Yes, at times they can be loud, but even they don't rival the noise we heard on Sunday afternoon.

We took a family excursion to the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at the Barber Motorsports Park.  Talk about loud!  And fast!

Bet you didn't know that the state of Alabama is home to one of the premier indy racing tracks.  Often when Frank travels the topic of conversation turns to this venue.  In the past Frank could offer very little to the conversation because he had never been.

Well that has officially changed!  Not only has he been but he took us all.  His office had some tickets that weren't being used so we enjoyed a fun family outing on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.


It was pretty cool to be so close the the cars and actually see the pit.  The speed with which they trade tires during a pit stop is remarkable.

 And the winners are: Walker, Stephen, and Betsy!

 Pretty cool ~ who knew they took the old tires off of the rims right there at the race.

 We had some tired chickadees on the ride home...



Tired, but happy ~


No comments:

Post a Comment