March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

"I see you me"

These days, it seems most of my posts seem to be about my baby girl.  Maybe it is because she is the one who is with me the most.  Maybe it is because she is at a fun age.  Maybe it is because she is my baby.  Maybe it is because I want to remember...
For the last several months, her favorite thing to say is, "I see you me".  Have you ever seen so many pronouns in one utterance?  Even if I put my speech pathologist hat on, I'm not sure that I have.

So what does "I see you me" mean~ It means pick me up and hold me close.  Not on your hip, but close to your body.  That closeness can move to the hip, but when she is first picked up she wants to be held close and hugged.

I keep reminding myself she isn't always going to want to be held!

She is gaining independence by the day and beginning to sew her own oats and be away from me more and more.  More and more often she wants to be just like the big kids.  Thursday night at the ballpark she had a ball {no pun intended} playing in a small pile of sand with her brothers and some big girls.

 
She continues to be quite sensitive and unsure of herself, but she is definitely gaining in confidence and security.  Most of the time she is obedient and rather helpful {yes, she loves to help put the silverware away} though she certainly is strong willed.  Remember this!  Hmmm, I wonder where she gets it!

And I'll leave you with these ~ Check out that eye black!




No comments:

Post a Comment