March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Picnic Among the Pines

The children and I are enjoying some lake living.



My mom was with us over the weekend, and I let her play photographer.
We celebrated a birthday.
 We went on a boat ride.
 We went tubing!  Yes, even Frank and I had the opportunity.


I snuck in a ski {and two long runs}! 
 More tubing!
Yesterday, we were left alone.  Daddy went home to go to work, and my mom went back to Mobile leaving it quiet here.  Maybe too quiet.  I needed some activity to our day.  We did what we do best ~ spent time in the kitchen. 
Banana Blueberry Bread from Food for Thought
We started our day with a breakfast picnic.  Mary Frances dubbed it a picnic among the pines. 
 An afternoon snack ~ strawberry/mango popsicles.


 An even later afternoon swim.



Here's to memory making to wind down our summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment