March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Crestline Here I Come

Here it is the end of summer and the first day of school.  The beginning of school is always a bittersweet time for me.  I'll miss the unscheduled time that I have with my children over the last three months.  During the summer we are still early risers, but there is no real rush to be anywhere.  9:15 swim practice is not an issue for us.  We have had time together.  Time to read, play, and create.  Time to cook, garden, and dream.  But the reality is it's time to return to a school routine.  We've had a great summer, but we could use a bit of a break from each other.  We've had a lot of togetherness and have made many fun memories.  The time has come to return to a more strict schedule and routine. We all need it!  

This year I have two heading out the door for a full day of school.  Again this is bittersweet ~ Stephen will do great in kindergarten, and I love that they will be together.  I have no doubt they will take care of each other and they will truly love being there together.  On Friday when we went to meet Stephen's teacher, they walked hand in hand throughout the school.  Watching my children hold hands is one of the greatest joys of my life.  Silly, I know, but it warms my heart and makes me smile.
This sweet boy is ready.  He has all the confidence he needs in a sweet and tender way.  He will hopefully be a joy for his teachers.  His class is full of precious sweet girls.  I don't know the boys.  I just pray there is one that can be his buddy. 
This young lady is slowly gaining confidence around less familiar grown-ups and will hopefully do well in 2nd grade.  Second grade!  That seems so old!  She's ready!  {P.S. Remember this ~ She was hoppin' mad that we made her wade through that grass to take the picture by the mailbox but I'm so glad we have it.  Look how much has changed in a year.}
My babies will miss having two big friends to constantly entertain them, but they will be glad to have a more attentive mom who can read Dear Zoo and Curious George to their hearts content.
This is just the beginning of multiple backpacks.  Here's to many more walks to and from school.  Oh to be a fly on a strap and know what they are saying.

Top locker no problem ~
Folder out ~
 Checked in and ready to go but not without a picture first ~
 Another top locker ~
 And I even got to snap a shot in the 2nd grade hall ~
As I carry my camera to school the first day of school, I always wonder when it becomes taboo.  I'm always glad when I see many other mamas in all areas of the school with their own recording devices.  Maybe I'll get a few additional years because Mary Frances is my oldest.  Unfortunately for her but fortunately for me, the year Betsy goes to kindergarten is the last year she will be in the elementary school.  Maybe I'll get that shot all the way through 6th grade.

Pretty amazing that I even get one year when all four of my children are at the same school.

Here's to many more pictures of the six of us prepared for the first day of school ~
One more picture for old times sake ~

In an effort of full disclosure this picture was staged.  It was taken today but we did not have any documentation of the way I got Mary Frances to and from school for the better part of a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment