March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Ducks in a Row

Often, I am a lot more organized and productive in my head than in reality.  Often I know what needs to be done but just haven't gotten to it yet.  Call it scattered or over committed or complacent or just life but that is our reality.  There is always more that I want to do and usually a whole lot more that I just need to do...
I've learned that what "must" happen always does though sometimes the "shoulds" get put on the back-burner and then forgotten.  In a family of six that list of "musts" seems to grow.
In reality, everything takes longer than anticipated and most tasks are twice as difficult as hoped.  Well at least that is true in my house.  Maybe not yours.
With that said, I do feel as if I accomplish a lot in any given day, and I am probably a lot more organized than I give myself credit.  Sometimes my accomplishments are measured in flushed cheeks and smiling faces ~ pushing four children on our swing set. 
Other times my accomplishments are much more tangible ~ a stack of books I have read to my little ones, 6 loads of laundry folded and put away, dinner planned, stocked, and prepared.
See all of that takes time!  Oh how I sometimes wish it was done for me.   Though not the pushing my children on the swings, watching their adventures unfold, or reading to them.  That I want to do myself!
All that said, this week marks the end of July.  I'm feeling like time is short.  Our summer is winding down and we are getting ready to be gearing up for back to school.  Well, at least we are thinking about back to school and getting my ducks in a row.  This year I have two going to big school. 
But before we get ahead of ourselves. we are going to finish up swim team, celebrate a birthday, and have some lake livin'. 



Thank goodness I'm an early riser! 



No comments:

Post a Comment