March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Week One

What a week!  As a teacher I remember the first week of school being exhausting.  In fact, that memory is so vivid I try to remember to take dinner to our good teacher friend on the first night of school each year.  I want her to be able to come home and be with her three children who have grown accustomed to a summer routine and not have to think about what's for supper.

Until this year I'm not sure if I realized how exhausting the first week of school is for a mama.  Maybe it is because I now have four children.  Maybe it's because I have two at the elementary school, and this week they got out an hour apart.  Maybe it's because...well who cares why let's just say we all feel like this:
It has been a fantastic week.  Stephen loves kindergarten and the ladies. 
Mary Frances isn't sure about second grade.  But I hope she will like it.  Time will tell.

And I've loved having just my babies. 
I think one in particular has loved having a bit more undivided attention. 
However, he is delighted when 2:00 arrives and he has his brother meets us on the playground until his sister gets out at 3:00.  They are glad to have each other again. 
My babies and I have had fun together.  We've done things I used to do a lot ~ when I had only two children.   The fact is it is just easier to transport two children because they fit in the double stroller and I have two hands ~ one for each of theirs.  Also, my lap fits two better than more.  That means that we've done things that these little ones haven't done too often.  We've gone on pajama walks and stopped to watch the excavator add dirt to a giant pile.  We're not as hurried, and it isn't as hectic around here.  Yes my kitchen and laundry room continue to be a full time job, but I've tried not to let it get to me.  I've been intentional about spending time with Walker and Betsy.  I finally got some pictures taken of them. 
Betsy got her first pair of tennis shoes. 
We've even done some new things - things I haven't done before.  We went to the new children's section of the art museum and went hiking at the Botanical Gardens. 

We've hung out at home ~ read, had tea parties, built train tracks and had a play date.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment