March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Beginning

Yesterday marked the beginning of a new chapter in my life ~ in our life.  I've dubbed it the beginning of forever, but that is a story for later.  This little one went to school for the first time.  With each of my children they have started preschool/mother's day out when they were one.  They have gone one day for each of their years.  Therefore, Betsy will be in school on Wednesdays this year. Why Wednesday?  Oh I don't know.  It's hump day.  It's a good mid-week activity.  Really it is because I have several meetings that happen on Wednesday.  I've never been a regular attendee at any of them because for the past seven years I've had a child on my hip.  
Betsy did great!  We dropped Walker off in his classroom, and she wanted to stay in there. 
She even tried to climb into the chair next to him, but she was easily persuaded to leave him.  As we walked down the hall to her room she grabbed her arm and turned her head the way she does when she isn't happy or is unsure of a situation.  Her little lips poked out and her face got red as if she was going to cry.  Instead she just kept walking.  She walked right into her class turned to give me a hug and kept going.  No tears!  No fussing!  No resistance!  Wow!  I'm not sure if any of my children have ever done that.
I love that these two are together just like I love that my big two are together at Crestline.  After a rough summer with Walker, he has been delightful since big school started.  Maybe he just needed a bit more attention or maybe I needed to remember he is only 3.  We've talked a lot about his being the big brother to Betsy.  He is certainly rising to the occasion. 
Tuesday was his first day.  He too did great.  Of all of my children, Walker has been the most resistant to going to school.  He has always given me the most tears at drop-off.  Not this year.  He walked into the classroom, hung his backpack on his chair and his raincoat on a hook and started to work.  But then the sweet boy got up to give Betsy and me one last hug. 
It looks like it could be a good year for everyone!
 
So, you ask what did you do with that four hours?  Well, I came home intending to clean out Betsy's closet and get my Bargain Carousel stuff together, and I did for about an hour.  But then I cleaned myself up and went downtown for a lunch date with my wonderful husband.  We went to a place I have wanted to try but have never had a good opportunity.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment