March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Not on My Radar

I'm 35.

I'm a bit of a dork - shy and old-fashioned - definitely not worldly - definitely not cool - undoubtedly a rule follower, yet comfortable in my own skin, confident that I am loved and cared for.

I love to run, cook, read, work in the yard, sew and smock. My house will never be as clean as I want it to be but we will eat decent healthy meals and bake cookies on occasion.
We play outside - A LOT!


I get angry, overwhelmed, scared and confused.
I'm fairly simple though I love linens and lace, silver, and pearls.

Most of all I love my family!

Three weeks ago, I went to the doctor for my annual. Because I'm 35 she sent me for a baseline mammogram. I was not prepared for this. In hindsight, I remember thinking at one point over the last year it was probably time, but it had completely slipped off of my radar.  Quite honestly the word breast and mammogram evoke embarrassment.  Nonetheless, I went down the hall much more worried that Betsy was with me than what they might find.  I worry about my blood pressure and blood sugar when I go to the doctor.  Betsy was fine, but the images were not. They called me back to have a more detailed picture taken. Still not conclusive.  My wonderful doctor scheduled a consult with a breast surgeon.  Frank and I went together.  She said the only way to know was to do a biopsy.  Such is life that it couldn't be done in the office the easy way.  It had to be done the old-fashioned way through surgery.  Frank and I told those who we knew would pray.  We asked for help with the children.  We prayed.  We waited.  We held each other.  We waited.  We went on with life the best we could - meals, work, kindergarten orientation, carpools, softball, laundry, etc.  We agonized.  We went for the surgery and then we waited some more.

Our news was good - benign!  For this we are thankful.  But I am also thankful for the peace that I had through the process.  It wasn't peace that all was well, but it was peace that no matter what it was, we were okay.  Now, don't get me wrong, I was nervous and scared yet still at peace.

Just another hurdle of life...no doubt there are more to come.   

1 comment:

  1. I love most all the things you mentioned too!! But most of all love you and glad that you are well!!!

    ReplyDelete