March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Here comes trouble ~
Don't let that angelic face fool you!  My almost 16 month old is becoming a cackling little dare-devil.  She accomplished a new stunt today.  She climbed up our stairs.  Yes, all the way to the top, and I didn't know what she was up to until she reached the top. 
She's been contemplating this task for a few weeks but aside from my mom encouraging her, she hadn't pulled the trigger.  Either she hadn't been brave enough or I hadn't given her the opportunity.
If the latter was the reason then I let down my guard this evening.
Every time I turned my back she made a beeline for the bottom of the steps.
From that vantage point you can see why I have a fear of her taking a tumble.
She's pretty proud of herself.  Hopefully we can quickly get this out of her system.

In another area we made real progress tonight!  Walker ate a plate full of {toddler-friendly} vegetables - roasted sweet potato fries and spinach cakes.  Though the face doesn't show it, he actually enjoyed the spinach cakes, and he asked for more sweet potatoes ~ not once but twice.  Now this my friends is huge!  I'll take it even if it is just for tonight.
And yes, I know he isn't a toddler, but I'll do anything to get him to eat something green.

I realize that this is my toddler.  She is making definite progress in her on right.  She hasn't had a bottle in days and once I even put the milk in a real sippy cup with a valve.  I'm about ready to throw them in the trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment