March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Onto the Next Thing

Last night we had a small group dinner for Frank's office.  It provided a much needed excuse to really clean my house - at least the downstairs.  I wish my house always looked like it did when guests arrived through my door yesterday.  Alas, it doesn't!  In fact my house often looks like a hurricane has not just blown through but instead come and stalled for a few days.  Hard as I try it gets this way every so often.  I try to go to bed with a clean island but once one item gets forgotten it is easy to add another and then another and...way to quickly it looks like this!
Now let me tell you why I think my house gets this way.  We are all too often moving onto the next thing.  Sometimes I wish I could just sit back and enjoy a nice, quiet and clean house, but it just doesn't seem to be in my DNA.  Why couldn't I sleep late this morning, enjoy a cup of coffee, and linger over the newspaper?  Just couldn't do it...

Instead I was up before the sun to check off some things before heading out the door for a run and back in the door to prepare for Mary Frances' birthday celebration at school.  She had requested a cookie cake, and I just didn't get to it yesterday.  I'd never done it before, but I made my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe into a cake.  You know like the ones that come in the red boxes. It was tasty and easy.  I would do a few things differently, but I would definitely do it again  It got rave reviews from the kiddos.
While I was finishing up the cookie cake, my boys set out on their own backyard adventures.
And then they came inside for a reading break...
Mary Frances loved having us at school for lunch!
and a birthday song.
Before we know it this little lady will be walking through these doors as a kindergartner.
I love to see my little ones holding hands.

1 comment:

  1. While I don't have an island (yet!!), I totally understand. How many times a day do I tell my boys..."please do not use the kitchen countertop as your dumping grounds!!!"

    ReplyDelete