March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Feat and Feet

Often I feel as if our life moves from one thing to the next without time to come up for air.  Often I feel like it is "no small feat" to accomplish many of the tasks that we complete day in and day out.  I desperately try to delight in the small things and to savor the moments ~ the snuggles, the stories, the hand-holding, the hugs and kisses, the childish, the ordinary, the time together, yet time passes ~ the minutes turn into hours to days to weeks and all too quickly to years.  And I'm okay with that {what choice do I have}, but I don't want to look back with regret at what could have been. 

Some highlights from the latter part of this week...

Introducing my sous chef Walker ~

On to Open House at Crestline ~

A Mother's Day Tea ~

Last week, as we were dealing with my own doctor's appointments, I was simultaneously dealing with appointments for Betsy.  As you remember Betsy received tubes in October.  They made such a difference in her demeanor and personality though she has continued to struggle with ear infections.  One ear or the other has almost constantly been draining since receiving the tubes.  Well at some point during the winter, the right ear became completely blocked and undoubtedly very infected behind the ear drum.  We tried several tactics to unclog the tube and clear the infction without having another surgery.  To no avail.  On Monday, I called to schedule her surgery.  Frank and I felt like we had called in one too many favors from one too many people over the last couple of weeks so he held down the fort at the house while I took Betsy to get her tube replaced.  Everything went well and again she was immediately a happier more vocal baby.  Well almost immediately...I'm not sure how many of you have had surgery recently, but one of the hardest things about surgery is that you can't eat or drink anything after midnight.  That's no fun as an adult and it is really no fun for a little one.  I was so glad to be able to give her a cup {yes, you read correctly, a cup} of milk in recovery.  Well she wasn't as thrilled to receive it, and as I buckled her in the carseat it came back up all over her carseat.  While feeling awful for her I was wondering how in the world am I going to get this cleaned up in order to get everyone to school and on with our day.  Well it was no small feat to take apart and wash her car seat and get everyone in the car in just over an hour but we did it.
Yes, my little one is still in her Graco Snug Ride which brings me to my next point.  I knew Betsy was little, but I'm not sure that I realized how little until this week.  I've been telling her for months that I would get her some shoes once she started walking.  She's been walking for a while now, but I just hadn't gotten to the shoe store.  On Tuesday, I found myself in the car with Walker and Betsy, and we had a little time to spare so we ran by a children's shoe store in town.  I originally said I was just going to get her some sandals since none of my children seem to wear their tennis shoes too often during the summer, but at my mother's suggestion I decided to get her some tennis shoes.  Well to try to get her some tennis shoes.  The Keds that I wanted don't come in a size small enough for her feet.  I was shocked!  Fortunately we were able to find something that this picky mama approved of to protect her feet.   
And I'll leave you with this precious face...

No comments:

Post a Comment