March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Days Like This

You know the line, "Mama said there'd be days like this"...  In our house this might be one for the records.  Before it even began it was going to be memorable.  I just wish the memories were more positive than not.  I certainly could have handled many a situation better.  There was just too much going on for it not to memorable {insert hectic, overwhelming, emotional, etc) ~ last day of school for Walker, graduation for Stephen, and ballet recital for Mary Frances.  And then there is Betsy ~ maybe she just didn't want to get overlooked.

Our day started early!  Frank left on a 6:00 a.m. flight to the west coast.  About the time he was leaving the tarmac,my littlest one decided it was time to get up.  This early wake-up is very uncharacteristic for her, and she spent much of the time between her 6:00 wake-up time and dropping the boys off at school like this.

I rushed home to let her get a nap in her bed so she would be more like her happy, good-natured self for Stephen's 4K graduation program.  No such luck!  Here we are again.
I even remembered my bigger lens for my camera.  Too bad it is hard to use that lens with a fussy, wiggly child in your arms.  No luck again.
 The two 4K classes sang some songs.
They walked across the stage to receive a certificate and then paraded down the aisle and back to their seat.
Stephen posed on stage.
Yes, he did give Pops the high sign when he finally spotted us in the audience.
He posed with friends.
And with his dear teacher.
 I'm going to miss this sweet group.
But there are more to come...
I had high hopes of a repeat performance of this.  Goodness knows they needed.  Heavens, even I needed it.  No luck again.  Instead I got a bunch of whine, and I don't mean the good stuff.  I hope this isn't indicative of how our summer is going to play out.

Here were are at the high school for the ballet recital.  Betsy's favorite past time was going up the stairs.  Imagine that! 
 And here we are again ~ she's spent some time on the floor today.
 Pops was kind to come to the recital and even kinder to hold the boys while I manned Betsy.

 Here she is again.
 And the star of the hour!


One day we will probably be watching this little one up on this same stage.

 So fun to get a picture of the five of us.  We just wish it were six.
 Good friends!
 Silly friends!

The good news is we get to wake up tomorrow and try again.  Maybe I'll get it right tomorrow!  Doubtful, but I can try.


No comments:

Post a Comment