March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

It Does My Heart Good

At one point this morning, the dishwasher was humming, the washing machine whizzing, the dryer whirling, and the vacuum cleaner buzzing. This was just what was going on inside... Outside there was hammering and sawing...

Later, this was the scene I found at the foot of my bed ~ I love that my children can entertain themselves without the aid of a television.


Here was the scene when when we arrived to check out the progress on our house ~ I love that the ball is rolling. Let's just keep up the progress!
The outline of the house was strung and most of the footings were poured.Here was the pre-bath scene ~ I'm so thankful my children love books. They love to be read to and to read to each other.
Here was the scene as we were making the final preparations for supper ~ I have two super sous chefs and one {not pictured} in training. I love that my children were having a taste of all of the veggies we cut to go in our salad.

Please remind me of these moments as I feel anxious, overwhelmed, and am beginning to lose my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment