March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh to have that...

...and that is my son's imagination!

I love that my children have extremely vivid imaginations and can be wildly creative. Bear with me because this will not be one of my more concise posts.

As I've said before, one of the prevailing themes for Christmas was "construction." Walker received a tool belt from Pops. As is to be expected, Stephen has enjoyed the tools as much if not more so than Walker. We made a new friend while we were at the lake ~ there was a family next door with an 18 month old who also had a new tool belt. His particular set of tools included a pair of safety goggles that Stephen was taken with. We've heard a lot about those safety goggles...

Fast forward to today ~ Wednesday is trash day around here. We love pointing out the trash trucks and have been known to follow it around the block. We are fortunate {at least my boys think so} that they come by our house three times ~ once for household garbage, once for recycling {that's what I'm thankful for}, and once for the street trash {limbs and such}. Truly, I think it is my boys favorite day of the week. They have taken to helping me collect the trash and then play trash truck with the empty cans before returning them to their rightful locations. Today Stephen was helping me with the waste basket from the laundry room when some of the plastic packaging materials from Frank's new shirts fell to the floor. Stephen became so excited because he had found his safety goggles. Sure enough they do look like safety goggles and with a bit of ingenuity from mom they even act as safety goggles.

{One day he might hate me for that picture!} Not the best picture but we were already super late because I had indulged his creativity...

The following picture has nothing to do with the post, but Walker didn't want to be left out...don't worry he got his own pair of safety goggles this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment