March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feeling Guilty

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday is the one day that my three big children are all at school ~ at least for a couple of hours. Throughout the fall I spent my Tuesdays volunteering and keeping appointments with the doctor, with the dentist, with the architect, with the interior decorator, with the contractor ~ all of those things that are just more difficult to do with little ones in tow. But now, Betsy is here and the reality is that Betsy sleeps a lot! I should continue to get a lot done on Tuesdays, right? Today, I had a list {in my head} of things I should accomplish:


- read with Mary Frances' friends at the elementary school ~ check


- laundry/ironing ~ does folding one load of clothes count?


- sewing ~ does dreaming of spring wardrobes for four children count?


- junior league stuff ~ does getting out my nursery rhyme binder and sending an e-mail count?


- filing ~ does moving a stack of papers count?


- thank yous {from Christmas and a birthday} ~ does addressing some baby notes count





But what have I done ~ not much on my list. Instead I have held Betsy! Just ask my children, she is pretty fun to hold. I feel guilty, but not too guilty. This is the end and so the justifications begin ~ there will be no more babies in our house, there is only a short time where they want to sleep snuggled up in your arms, I have only a limited amount of time when there are not numerous distractions clamoring for my attention and so I have held Betsy today.

Once the boys arrive home maybe I can tackle some of my list or then again maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Love my Dad's advice when PMG was a baby...hold him whenever you can but don't feel guilty if you can't. And, yes, dreaming of spring wardrobes and definitely moving paper around count for getting something done!!!

    ReplyDelete