March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Travelin' Traditions

It was so fun to see this precious girl with cream of wheat all over her and remember this particular post.  As we were finishing up breakfast and I was admiring Betsy's ability to feed herself, I had to smile because I remembered the similar pictures that I had taken of Walker just over two years ago.  I said as much to my little chickadees so Walker immediately wanted to see the pictures.  We went to the computer to find them and he thought it was hilarious.
 
You see we still eat cream of wheat when Frank is traveling.  My children request it as soon as they learn he will be away for breakfast.  I guess you can call it a tradition.
Frank's been traveling without us some this summer.
Guess what's on our breakfast menu tomorrow?

1 comment:

  1. Curls and I enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning while everyone else slept! Betsy is so cute and William wants to check out that playground today, he says.

    ReplyDelete