March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy

My backyard makes me happy!  It wasn't too long ago when I was worried that I might not ever have a backyard again.  Much less a backyard where I could watch my children play or have anything growing.  But now we have a backyard again.

We have a play area for the children ~
a garden for my veggies, herbs, and flowers ~
and a playhouse ~
 It is great for backyard birthdays, playing tag, going on adventures, playing ball, etc... 

Garden Images:

 
This one was the reward after a long weekend earlier this summer.  We all spent the weekend out in the yard.  The children played.  Frank cleaned out the shed.  I weeded and cleared and planted.
This one was taken this week after bringing in my first harvest of tomatoes and jalapeno peppers.  The sunflowers and zinnias were started from seed many months ago.  I love being able to have cut flowers in my house.  I've been pairing the flowers with herbs for filler and to keep them from going to seed.  This is by my kitchen sink and has been great to clip basil for meals this week.
This sweet girl makes me happy too!  She was the swimmer of the week last week, and she has a fun new way that she likes to wear her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment